Legal Counsel Pharma
Kiadis Pharma is a biopharmaceutical company based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
We focus on the treatment of blood cancers and inherited blood disorders aiming to make bone marrow transplantations, a risky procedure that is often the last hope for patients, safer and more efficient. This means we have a passionate team that is dedicated to make a huge difference for patients.
If you are up to the challenge and would like to be part of our team, we are currently looking for a driven Legal Counsel Pharma.
The Legal Counsel Pharma, will advise the business on a variety of legal topics, including but not limited to pharmaceutical law, contract law, advertising in the health care sector, compliance regulations, competition law, tenders, GDPR and data privacy law, intellectual property and clinical research contracts.
She / he sets appropriate priorities with clients and delivers results within established timelines and contributes to multidisciplinary and/or International projects, implements / supports legal oriented projects, and takes responsibility for legal aspects of projects.
This is a new role which has been created as a result of recent expansion and development of the business. The position is based at the company’s headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
As a Legal Counsel Pharma at Kiadis Pharma, you will be responsible for;
- Advising on various issues including pharmaceutical law, contract law, advertising in the health care sector, compliance regulations, competition law, tenders, GDPR and data privacy law, intellectual property and clinical research contracts.
- Draft, develop, prepare and execute contracts and other legal documents of legal / strategic / financial / regulatory importance.
- Negotiate and draft all types of contracts, in particular relating to service delivery, clinical trials, medication, distribution, partnership, R&D, corporate law.
- Ensure legal monitoring in the areas likely to impact the activities of the company.
- Review business, scientific, commercial, and sales / marketing documents/communications and advise on appropriate strategy / language to manage legal risk while maximizing business benefit.
- Anticipate and proactively support the management of legal risks facing the pharmaceutical business in the both the Netherlands and across Europe and the United States.
- Recommend/implement policies and practices on issues presenting potential legal risk arising from pharmaceutical healthcare activities; and support their development and implementation.
- Review and interpret pending or new legislation or regulatory rules impacting the pharmaceutical business and advise the business management on appropriate compliance measures.
- Educate client groups within the pharmaceutical healthcare business on legal issues and new developments impacting the businesses.
The ideal candidate / Role Requirements;
- At least 7 years’ experience, of which at least 3 years have been in a reputable international law firm followed by in-house experience ideally in the pharmaceutical, medical devices/ life sciences’ industry or other highly regulated industry.
- Strong experience with negotiating and drafting of contracts and other transaction agreements.
- International exposure and in particular working knowledge of the EU and US compliance regulatory schemes.
- Strong emotional intelligence; ability to drive forward business; devise and implement strategy where appropriate
- Strong legal skills, preferably with some experience in matters pertaining to research and development transactions in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Business acumen: intellectual band-width and ability to understand the “big picture” and contribute to achieving the strategic vision and objectives of the company as well as being comfortable and adept at balancing risk and opportunity;
- Intellectual agility and insight. Superior cognitive and learning ability. Ability to understand complex situations, demonstrate a well-structured thought process and make sound judgments.
- Cross-collaboration skills/team orientation. Ability to interact effectively within the broader organization; strong desire and enthusiasm for working with diverse teams.
- Great communication skills (both oral and written), including the ability to clearly translate into lay terms and effectively communicate the legal considerations which affect business opportunities and problems.
- High level of integrity.
- Specific experience with one or more of the following is also preferred: intellectual property issues; technology licensing, R&D agreements.
- Fluency (both oral and written) in English is a must.
- Able to interact with and positively influence others.
- Works effectively with colleagues and in cross-functional teams; able to communicate effectively.
- A critical and strategic thinker: able to analyse, evaluate, create, reason and draw conclusions
- Being creative: able to think constructively and apply knowledge to assess and resolve legal and business challenges; able to think outside the box.
- Problem solver: possessing an aptitude for critical thinking and problem solving; able to spot issues and analyse them.
- Able to communicate effectively and provide proactive and pragmatic advice and counsel to internal stakeholders.
- Able to manage and work with outside counsel as and when necessary and monitoring legal spend.
A challenging position in an innovative, fast growing biotechnology company.
You will be working in a fast-paced dynamic environment which provides the opportunity to make your own mark within the organization and build our ambitious Legal team. You will be rewarded a competitive remuneration package, the opportunity for personal development and are able to contribute to make a huge difference for patients worldwide.