Legal Counsel Corporate
Kiadis Pharma is a biopharmaceutical company based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
We focus on the treatment of blood cancers and inherited blood disorders aiming to make bone marrow transplantations, a risky procedure that is often the last hope for patients, safer and more efficient. This means we have a passionate team that is dedicated to make a huge difference for patients.
If you are up to the challenge and would like to be part of our team, we are currently looking for a driven Legal Counsel Corporate.
The Legal Counsel Corporate role is to provide general legal support to the business on various matters, with a focus on business development activities (M&A transactions, finance deals and licensing), corporate governance and company secretarial related matters.
This is a new role which has been created as a result of recent expansion and development of the business. The position is based at the company’s headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
As a Legal Counsel Corporate at Kiadis Pharma, you will be responsible for;
- Take a day-to-day lead in managing the legal aspects of a transaction.
- Manage all corporate governance and company secretarial related matters.
- Co-ordinate the input of outside counsel with the internal members of the project team,
e.g. M&A department, tax, finance, HR, compliance, export control, insurance, real
estate and relevant business stakeholders.
- Draft preliminary agreements and draft or supervise the drafting of transaction documents by outside counsel.
- Co-ordinate with and support where necessary other members of the legal department.
- Monitor compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Be prepared to assist and support in the provision of legal advice generally and in particular maintain strong relations with members of the board.
- Negotiate and draft all types of contracts, in particular relating to acquisitions, service delivery and corporate law.
- Ensure legal monitoring in the areas likely to impact the activities of the company.
- Assist with AFM filings.
- Review business, scientific, commercial, and sales / marketing documents/communications and advise on appropriate strategy / language to manage legal risk while maximizing business benefit.
- To develop templates and guidelines and provide training to internal clients.
The ideal candidate / Role Requirements;
- A Dutch qualified lawyer with at least 3 years of experience (in-house and/or at a reputable international law firm) of M&A, corporate governance (in particular a working knowledge of the Code of Tabaksblat), compliance, general corporate law and general commercial law.
- The successful candidate will be a motivated and self-starter who is pragmatic, highly efficient and used to working at a high level in a dynamic environment.
- Strong experience with negotiating and drafting of contracts and other transaction agreements.
- Strong emotional intelligence; ability to drive forward business; devise and implement strategy where appropriate
- Strong legal skills, preferably with some experience in matters pertaining to research and development transactions in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Business acumen: intellectual band-width and ability to understand the “big picture” and contribute to achieving the strategic vision and objectives of the company as well as being comfortable and adept at balancing risk and opportunity.
- Intellectual agility and insight: superior cognitive and learning ability. Ability to understand complex situations, demonstrate a well-structured thought process and make sound judgments.
- Cross-collaboration skills/team orientation: ability to interact effectively within the broader organization; strong desire and enthusiasm for working with diverse teams.
- Great communication skills (both oral and written), including the ability to clearly translate into lay terms and effectively communicate the legal considerations which affect business opportunities and problems.
- High level of integrity.
- Fluency (both oral and written) in English is a must.
- Able to interact with and positively influence others.
- Works effectively with colleagues and in cross-functional teams; able to communicate effectively.
- Being creative: able to think constructively and apply knowledge to assess and resolve legal and business challenges; able to think outside the box.
- Problem solver: possessing an aptitude for critical thinking and problem solving; able to spot issues and analyse them.
- Able to manage and work with outside counsel as and when necessary and monitoring legal spend.
A challenging position in an innovative, fast growing biotechnology company.
You will be working in a fast-paced dynamic environment which provides the opportunity to make your own mark within the organization and build our ambitious Legal team. You will be rewarded a competitive remuneration package, the opportunity for personal development and are able to contribute to make a huge difference for patients worldwide.